Monday, October 6, 2014

Acoustic Cafe Review


Acoustic Cafe




Finding “good eats” in a small town like Menomonie is not always easy. The town offers a variety of places to eat around campus however my experience is that the food and atmosphere are not always up to par.  Fortunately I came across Acoustic Café which after my first visit became my new “getaway” spot.

It was an unusually warm day in September and the air conditioning in my home was non-existent. I decided to take a bike ride and venture out into Menomonie and find myself a restaurant with character, good food and air conditioning. This is the day I found Acoustic Café.  Upon walking in I found it larger than expected with ample seating that provided secluded booths as well as tables and chairs. It was quiet, quaint and charming as well as the perfect place to finish my homework and have a bite to eat.  I found the atmosphere to be peaceful yet somewhat “hip.”

Menu Items
The menu isn’t overwhelming and has a small variety of wraps (gluten-free), hoagies, which they are known for (sizes: 1/3, ½, or whole), pitas, nachos and soups. Each wrap, pita and hoagie is served with an immense amount of fresh ingredients including Acoustic’s “special sauce.” The turkey gluten free wrap, due to a wheat allergy, with everything on it, the rosemary chicken soup, and alas a “cup of cheer” all had my name written on the order. 

View of Acoustic Seating. Look closely to see artwork on the walls. 
The menu also included a variety of organic coffee and espresso drinks, specialty sodas, beer and ice cream. They have baked goods and sweets all made fresh daily in the Acoustic bakery.
I could not resist an iced coffee with a splash of caramel flavoring. This was a refreshing beverage and a perfect match with my homework load and the unusually warm weather. 

While waiting for my soup and wrap to arrive I noticed the local artwork for sale on the walls and pottery pieces set around the café. There were also fliers for local bands that Acoustic would be hosting in the future. Acoustic is known for hosting free live music for their customers. This gave me a sense of community support to local artists.

My Order 
Gluten Free Turkey Wrap
Normally gluten-free food is dry and crumbly, however my gluten-free wrap was superb and wrapped perfectly…no crumbles. All of the ingredients were correctly portioned and the “Acoustic sauce” was truly special and complimentary to the taste of the wrap.  The turkey in combination with the guacamole, sprouts, lettuce, and vegetables was perfect.  The soup was broth based with a variety of vegetables which reminded me of chicken noodle with a hold on the noodles. However to my dismay, I was a tad disappointed with the soup. Reason being I did not get much of the rosemary flavor that I was looking forward to tasting.  The “cup of cheer” on the other hand was divine!  It is half chili and half beer cheese. It was cheesy, hearty and delicious.

Service
As far as service goes, there really isn’t much. You order your food at the counter and when it is ready the server delivers it to your table and isn’t to be seen again. I didn’t mind this style of service because you receive your food quickly and when you leave they clean and clear your table.

Overall 
I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Acoustic Café. My wrap was great and it didn’t take long after my order to receive it.  I wouldn’t leave Acoustic without ordering a “cup of cheer”. Acoustic Café offers something for everyone from vegan-to vegetarian-to gluten free-to gluten lovers-all the way to coffee enthusiasts. I find the variety of menu offerings to be very enticing and favorable. 

Acoustic Café – Vegetarian and vegan restaurant-café-sandwich shop
102 W Main Street
Menomonie WI




Hours:             Mon-Fri: 8:00am-9:00pm
                        Sat-Sun: 9:00am-9:00pm

Prices:             Soup: $2.40-$2.90
                        Sandwiches: $3.40-$8.00
                        Pitas: $5.00
                        Nachos: $3.15-$5.15
                        Sweets: $1.50-$1.85
                        Beverages: $1.25-$4.74

No comments:

Post a Comment