Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hairfinity: The Good, The Bad, The Beauty

Celebrity endorsement products can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. You want to try the product because if you use it, and Jennifer Lawrence uses, it then you're practically best friends, right? But many shoppers don't think of what the product is, what's in it, what its side effects are and what you're actually paying for.

Luckily, that's what beauty bloggers are for. We'll get you educated on what products to use, which ones to avoid and the pros and cons of your favorite celebrity's most sworn by products; starting with Hairfinity.


The Hairfinity hair growth vitamins are endorsed by Kim Kardashian-West, Keshia Knight Pulliam and Porsha Williams, therefore have a powerful backing on them. But could the product stand alone and still do well? Let's take a look at what Hairfinity has to offer and I'll let you decide for yourself.



What Is Hairfinity?


Hairfinity is a brand of hair growth vitamins claiming to have "hair specific nutrients to nourish your hair from the inside out" (Hairfinity.com). Their mission is to promote longer, stronger, thicker, faster growing and more vibrant hair for women of all ages, races and hair types.





What Are Some Pros & Cons?


Pros:

  • Quick Growth
  • 30-day Money Back Guarantee
  • Nourishes hair with proteins, collagen, oxygen, vitamins and 18 Amino Acids
Cons:
  • Side effects including acne breakouts and hair becoming more relaxed
  • Price & lack of discounts
  • Difficult customer service 

How Many Ingredients are In Hairfinity?

Hairfinity has a combination of many vitamins and nutrients that claim to help all kinds of hair grow quick and healthy. These ingredients include:
  • Vitamins A, C, D3, B1, B2, B6 & B12
  • Calcium 
  • Folic Acid 
  • Biotin
  • Pantothenic Acid 
  • Capilsana Complex Proprietary Blend 
    • MSM (Methylsulfanylmethane)
    • Hydrolyzed Collagen (Providing Essential Amino Acids)
    • Horsetail
They claim that each of these ingredients work together to form a complex combination of vitamins that help in many different ways including adding protein, elasticity, collagen and oxygen. 


Is Hairfinity Safe?

Though Hairfinity is not FDA approved since it is not a drug, they do claim to be manufactured in FDA approved facilities. None of the research done or uses noted have ever caused a consumer any harm. Though the product does have some side effects.


Are There Any Side Effects?

Some side effects recorded include acne breakouts, headaches, upset stomachs and sudden rashes. When I took the product, I had an increase in acne breakouts and headaches but no upset stomach or rashes. I also noticed that my hair seemed to lose its curl gradually. I don't know if it was because there was more thickness and weight, or if it messed with my natural hair.


How Much Does It Cost?

Consumers can purchase Hairfinity on the Hairfinity website or on Amazon. They also sell at some salons around the country. The pricing is as followed:


  • 1-Month Supply - $24 + shipping
  • 2-Month Supply - $48 + shipping
  • 4-Month Supply - $96 + shipping
  • 6-Month Supply - $144 + shipping
  • 12-Month Supply - $288 + shipping
Note: A 1-month supply lasts for two weeks if you take the pills as directed. Hairfinity suggests you take two pills a day, but reviews have said that they have taken only one and seen results. I only took one a day, inconsistently, for about a month and saw results - so there are ways around the high costs.


How Does Hairfinity Hold Up To Its Competition?

Hairburst seems to be Hairfinity's biggest competitor. The vitamins have just about the same ingredients except they also include hyaluronic acid, selenium, BCCAA's and vitamin D.


Their prices are a bit higher with a 1-month supply costing $32.46 + shipping, but the 3-month supply is much cheaper than Hairfinity and costs $81.18. The 6-month supply though costs more than Hairfinity at $157.50.


What Are Some Customer's Results?

What Do Other Customers Have To Say?

"I purchased two bottles for $48.00. I did not see a lot of improvements in the growth of my hair. I personally do not recommend it. Would keep taking them if they were less expensive, but the little results are not worth the money. My hair grew as usual, I did not notice any additional growth nor side effects." - Natalie Darias

"The item itself is good. I don't like taking pills and these are not hard to swallow didn't care for the smell so much. In the 60 days I used the product I had a lot of new growth but stopped using because of the minor headaches but that is because of the lack of water i typically consume. Would recommend to others. Hair grew about 1 in. in the 60 days." - Aisha


What's Your Final Opinion?

Between my personal use of the product and my research, I think this product is great IF you can handle the side effects and don't care about the cost. The product works great and does what it says, but the side effects can be a pain and not worth it. I used the product after getting a haircut that was too short. I only used half a bottle within a month and saw enough growth to make me happy with my hair again and then I stopped using it. I got headaches when I started using it but they went away quickly and I got pretty bad acne breakouts that are just NOW healing. I never got an upset stomach but I did see my curls fall also.

The final decision is up to the consumer, but I think this is a great product. It's safe and it works.

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating product! Do users really care the exact ingredients? Do they need to know what those ingredients do or are they happy to just see a big scientific-looking list? And can you evaluate the trustworthiness of the photos? And you'll want to clean up the text so it's all the same size. Check the third paragraph: are you talking about hair vitamins in general or Hairfinity specifically? Who endorses what here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are not finished with this. Observations at this stage are Paragraphs should be visually condensed. The Hairfinity link might serve better at the bottom of the page. Some font and font size still is to be considered, (Pros and Cons for example). The scale and placement of the photographs need balancing yet. Good heading placement; too many start with the word "what", I'd like to know that we are looking at a Hairfinty evaluation from what ever page is on the screen. The voice is professional, sounds informed and knowledgeable. Perhaps and Cons should be further down in the headings. Lack of discounts" is awkward wording, fixed pricing? Align $ prices lines under Cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genre: I think this definitely seems to meet the expectations for the genre. It provides everything that I can think of that you would need in a review of this type.
    Organization: I think the organization is good, the headings are helpful but I'm indifferent about the vitamin and nutrient list. It is a lot to read and I'm not sure many people understand it.
    Voice: I like the casual voice in this piece because in a review you want to feel like you know and trust the person writing it.
    Headings: I really enjoyed the size of the headings, they made me want to make mine bigger since they were so easy to read.
    Visuals: links and photos are really helpful. I enjoyed the before and after pictures too.
    First hand use: I definitely can tell that Lo has used this product. She seems very knowledgeable on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The genre is clearly defined and I think the organization is clean and well sectioned. The headings definitely help in terms of dividing the content and I like how you wrote each heading as a question. For improvements I would implement a first-person point of view more throughout the entire review. Right now the content is too informative than personal. I would also think about removing the ingredients list due to it's length. I'm not sure if readers will really want to know all that information. Overall, this review is very strong and just has little improvements to consider.

    ReplyDelete