Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2014 Honda Civic LX Review

For those looking to purchase a vehicle, the 2014 Honda Civic LX may be what you're looking for. I’ve recently leased a 2014 Honda Civic LX and have had the vehicle since June 2014. In this review I'll be going over the 2014 Honda Civic features of price, performance, safety, technology, and look.
Price
Despite the fact that I’m leasing my car, I still think it’s important to note the average price of the 2014 Honda Civic and compare its price to other 2014 sedan brands/models.

2014 Honda Civic LX suggested retail price - $18,390.

Competitors Price
  • Toyota Corolla LE - $18,515.
  • Nissan Sentra SR - $18,740.
  • Volkswagen Jetta - $16,895.

Performance
The performance of the 2014 Honda Civic can be based off several features: the vehicle’s miles per gallon (MPG) and drive.

2014 Honda Civic LX MPG – 30 (city) / 39 (hwy)

Competitors MPG
  • Toyota Corolla – 28 (city) / 37 (hwy)
  • Nissan Sentra SR– 30 (city) / 40 (hwy)
  • Volkswagen Jetta – 24 (city) / 34 (hwy)
In terms of driving, I noticed the ride was a bit bumpier than I preferred when I first got the car. This will happen at the beginning stages of the car’s life because it must get used to the way the consumer drives. For me, the length of time was about 2-3 weeks until the ride smoothed out.


Safety
The most important features to note for safety are the anti-lock break system, LED running daytime lights, impact-absorbing bumpers, and 8 airbags.

The brake system is a nice touch to the 2014 Honda Civic LX no matter what kind of weather you're driving in. With 8 airbags total and impact-absorbing bumpers on the outside, children to adults can feel while riding or driving in this car. In my own experiences I’ve never had trouble with the engine randomly stopping or airbags deploying. 


Technology
  • Eco Assist and Econ Button
  •  Multi-Informational Display Screen
  • Bluetooth Hands Free Link
  • Rearview Camera
The newer 2014 Honda Civic’s have additional features compared to my current Civic. For starters, the new Civic's have a push button start instead of a physical key hole. There is also a 7-inch audio display that replaces the buttons and knobs that would originally control the air conditioning, radio, etc. Although my car is a 2014 Honda Civic LX, I was still bummed that mine didn’t come with the display screen. However, even with the original buttons and knobs, the display will not let you utilize certain features them while the car is in motion. One of these features is the Phonebook found within the Phone icon. Despite not being able to look at the your phone book, the Hands Free Link (or phone) does allow you to place a phone calls via voice recognition. I use the Hands Free Link all the time and love how I can program my voice into the program and call anyone I like. 

Another feature that is also helpful is the Econ Button and Eco Assist. This allows the LED dashboard to change colors depending on how good the MPG is. I always have this button on and like to see what’s causing good, average, or bad gas mileage as I drive. The Econ Button also maximizes efficiency for better performance as well. 


Look
Overall, the 2014 Honda Civic LX has many features that enhances its overall look and performance. The 4 door sedan has a nice sleek, curved design makes the vehicle  more aerodynamic than the past Civics that have been released. To see other Honda models check out Honda's Corporate website or Kelly Blue Book to get more price and performance comparisons.

Link to Honda's Corporate Website

Link to Kelly Blue Book

4 comments:

  1. You have made a very good draft of a review for the 2014 Honda Civic LX. I learned a lot of information I didn't know about the car. There were a lot of awesome features that would interest me in a car. I think that the organization is good. The headers are very helpful and if I was looking for a review of the car it would be very helpful. I think maybe more of it could be in paragraph form rather than bullets. The tone and voice you used was great, it was very professional and even though you had opinions in there it was still respectful of the product. I think with just the words it is a little boring to read. I think a graphic would be great or even a youtube video of a commercial if that is possible. (Maybe you could link it). It is very clear that you use the product and enjoy it a lot. Your review for it was very good and has all the information that is needed for someone who is looking into buying a car like the 2014 Honda Civic LX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is thorough -- or will be. Will it end up too long for your audience? Careful overusing bulleted lists and lots of hierarchy. Is that part of the genre? What do opening paragraphs do in the reviews you examined? Do they all start off with an authoritative recommendation? I wonder because I don't quite buy your authority here (you're not a car enthusiast, right?). You may consider softening this and basing your final recommendation on the evaluation you set up in the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genre: I think that over all your review covers what I would expect from a car review: pricing, features, and comparisons to other similar vehicles.
    The organization is very clean, but There is an excessive amount of numbering. I not sure how you would fix it, but it seems to be a little too much. some things can just use bullet point.
    you are using a first person voice that really give the feel of your experience in using the car.
    I would help if the headings were bold or a larger size that the review is easier to scan.
    a picture of the car or even your car would be nice!
    for hyperlinks maybe link to where you could find a purchase the honda you are talking about, or even links to articles further explaining they type of break system and things like that.
    It is obvious that you have used this product, I would like to hear more about your favorite parts.

    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genre: This looks like everything I would want to know about a car. I think the content is great.
    Organization: The organization is clear but there are a lot of bullet points and hierarchy levels.
    Voice: The voice was very clear and professional.
    Headings: Headings are clear but small. Try making them a size bigger and bolded so they're easier to locate.
    Visuals & Hypertext: A picture of the car would be essential!
    First Hand Use: Very obvious that you have used this product. I agree with the above comment about hearing about your personal favorite parts

    ReplyDelete